Things that make me happy question mark?
I seem to have been tagged in this
email chain v4.0 tumblr post by one jadeagogo.
1) Lying in a hammock, in the woods, on a cool day, reading a book.
2) Really quality paper in books, the kind you just don’t get anymore. The type that is so perfectly smooth and silky feeling.
3) Reading to my niece and nephew and both of them snuggling in next to me as tight as possible.
4) Shaving my head, the release, the feeling of power, the feel of the short hairs.
5) Creating a bite of a full salad that includes a little of every ingredient. Also eating with my fingers instead of silverware. And licking the plate.
6) Perfectly symmetrical things.
7) Books books books. Always, forever. I want to know things and people and situations unfamiliar to me. I want to understand the past, know why the present is what it is, and understand where we might go in the future.
8) Comic books. There’s something special about them. Before I could read I’d stare at the comics we owned and wish I could read them. Asterix, Donald Duck, and Calvin and Hobbes were some of the first things I read. I think I only started reading novels because that’s what my parents and sister were always reading.
9) Squeezing my fat cat and using her as a pillow. And watching her seal impression:
10) The lines of 1930-40s cars.
11) Cooking things in bacon fat. Nothing cooked in bacon fat can taste bad.
12) Rocky and Bullwinkle. It’s such a smart cartoon, and it’s part of what got me into studying history because then I’d get more of the jokes. I still laugh at it, though it did mean I’ll laugh properly at terrrrible pun-based jokes.